Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finding a New Job Part 2

The story continues...

That Friday I received a call around 4 pm.  Needless to say it was the longest day ever!  Every time the phone rang my heart would drop to the floor!

The hiring manager called me and said they couldn't make a decision so they were going to interview me and the "strong internal candidate" once again!

I thought, well at least I am still in the running!!!  (Stay positive Eva!)

The next week there I go again back for another round of interviews.  This time the interview was from 10-12:30 (no lunch).  It was a total of three interviews with four people!  Again, very intense!  I swear, this postion was "just a financial analyst" not CEO!  Again, I left feeling good with my performance.

I thought, well I did my very best so whatever the outcome I will be ok with it.  I know I am more than qualified so if they don't select me it's because of my personality and that's something I cannot or am not willing to change.  If they don't think I fit their team, well then I probably don't and that's that.  I was getting myself ready for whatever came my way.  This is not to say I didn't want the job.  I DID!  I crossed my fingers, my toes, my eyes! 

A week passed by and no news.  I thought no news is good news, right?  Well on Friday I got a call and I had not been selected.  After all that, they decided to stay with the strong internal candidate.  Well so much for all that preparation.  My fabulous life in the city came crumbling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment