Friday, January 21, 2011

Our Greates Fear

I am working on my resume and that makes me feel insecure and inadequate.  I look at my peer's resumes and feel my experience and knowledge is not enough.  I ask myself if I will be able to fool another company into thinking I am smart enought to be hired for them... I need to stop this.  I have always told myself (and my peers) we cannot go through life comparing our unique experiences to others'.  We are too harsh and therefore will never be the winners in our eyes.  Today, I need to follow my own advice. 

I remembered I read this on Makeunder My Life. Today, I need to re-read it.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson
Source is Return to Love by Marianne Williamson, Harper Collins, 1992

I will probably have to re-read it tomorrow too.

1 comment:

  1. I am actually dreading April when I am going to start my resume because I get insecure myself. I wonder there are thousands of people in Chicago who need a job that may have better experience or may have Masters Degrees. Argggg why would they want to hire me. But you and I have to think ... that company is going to cherish us because we are GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. I may not know everything but we are like able and we we learn the work, after a few months.

    Best of luck with your resume.

    ReplyDelete