Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trust Your Instict

More on the mild eye infection... I believe I had to live with the eye infection for months because I didn't voice my concerns to the doctor the first time around.  The problem with doctor appointments is that sometimes you do not get one until days after when the visible signs have gone away.  By the time I went to the doctor, the first time, the redness was completely gone.  The second time around I just drove myself there without an appointment!  Again, my eye was almost back to normal, but this time I told the doctor that it hurt and that it did not feel ok.  She almost said I was fine, until she turned my eyelids inside out and saw red bumps on one side...aha, there it was!  The proof I needed!  That's how I finally got better!

To this same point...I recommend Cancer Schmancer by Fran Drescher.



I have a thing for actor written books, I think I like them because they are an easy read :)  In this book she talks about all the doctors she had to see before her cancer was properly diagnosed and treated.  I believe she saw about 11 doctors before she got the right treatment!  I liked that she didn't give up and followed her instict and that is what saved her!

Hurray for insticts..now if I could only trust myself enough to trust my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment