Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Perfect Quote for 2009

*I found this in my drafts?!!!  I guess I never published it!  Oops!

Hello All!  I have not had a chance to blog much.  My Christmas break was great!  It was however too short, but when is a break ever long enough?

I was back at the office on Sunday...yes Sunday.  Since it's year end and I have an awesome job of counting (manufacturing accounting) it's a bit of a heavy load.  I will be working until late tomorrow too, but will head over to my mom's right after.

I want to spend New Years Eve (to a new decade) close to my family.  Last weekend that I was there I started thinking of New Years Eve 1999 and of how much has gone on during the last 10 years.  I was 16 ...wow.  Anyways, more on that next week.

So I came home today and turned on the tv (because that's the second thing I do when I walk in, the first thing being  to turn on the light) and Evan Almighty was on.  I had never completely seen it, but I have caught bits and pieces.  I think I have refused to see it because I am a big fan of Bruce Almighty.

Gosh, I love to ramble...specially when under the influence of cold medicine...yes I have a cold or the beginning of a cold.  There are about 5 people that are sick at work and since I basically have been at the office for the last 4 days...I have bound to get it!  Enough.

Here is "the quote":

Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

-God to Evan's Wife

This year God has definitely provided me the opportunity for a lot... and for that I am thankful.

Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment