Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Girl's Night Out : Good Hair

This week's girls' night out included a quick bite at my [ex] roomate's place and Good Hair.
First, thanks for dinner...as much as I try to calm my hunger with an after work snack... it just doesn't work.  Also, one of the things I missed the most [now that I live alone] is having dinner with someone.  So thanks, it was very much appreciated!



We headed to the movie theater to catch Good Hair.  I was really looking forward to seeing this film after watching Chris Rock on Oprah [yes, I love me some Oprah!].  I never thought of the struggle black woman have with their hair, but I immediately identified with them.  While I don't have the same hair struggle I could place myself in their shoes.  I believe as woman we all have these struggles.  They might not be as apparent, but we do.
Need proof?  Ok, here:

While on our way back from the movies I was saying how I could not imagine the pain of relaxing my hair and how no matter the pain I would still do it.  Anything for beauty!  That's when and my [ex] roomate was able to pin point my own personal beauty sacrifice.... She said "I'll I could think about was you and your teeth whitening."  And why did she say that?  Because at dinner I told her my teeth were hurting because I was trying to whitened them...AGAIN!
So my story is that EVERY time that I try to whitened my teeth I can't get passed day 2 [the process requires 10 days] because my teeth become so sensitive that I just stop.

This has been going on for at least 2 years!  I start, determined to go through with it, and then day 3 comes...and I stop.  I just can't help it!  I have the hope that one day I will be able to go through with it and end up with great pearly whites!  Yes, we all have struggles!

I can't say that I won't try once again [probably tomorrow] to whitened my teeth, but the movie did provoke me to think about all the other silly things that I obsess over.  I have to keep in mind that "what is inside [my head] is way more important that what is on top [or in my case infront]".

Have a good day and may you smile lots [with or without pearly whites]!

No comments:

Post a Comment